Kevin Merk Associates
is a dedicated team of professionals with over twenty years experience providing a diverse range of complex environmental planning services for public and private sector clients. KMA’s solution-oriented biological services help our clients navigate complex natural resource, permitting and regulatory compliance support issues. Our approach is scientifically valid and economically feasible.
Located in San Luis Obispo, CA KMA has a wealth of experience working in the California Coastal Zone from San Francisco to Los Angeles. KMA regularly interfaces with the California Coastal Commission, providing technical expertise for development projects both public and private. Kevin Merk Associates also provides California Environmental Quality Act and National Environment Policy Act documentation and planning compliance services.
In-depth knowledge of California flora and protocols for surveying rare, threatened and endangered plant species.
Conducting rare and special status wildlife surveys throughout California for species such as the California tiger salamander, California red-legged frog, western spadefoot toad, legless lizard, horned lizard, burrowing owl, San Joaquin kit fox and other raptors and nesting birds.
California Tiger Salamander
Multi-parameter wetland delineations throughout the state including the Coastal Zone.
• Regulatory Compliance
Expert and up-to-date on environmental regulation compliance (e.g., Endangered Species Act, Clean Water Act, Coastal Act, California Department of Fish and Game Code, Porter-Cologne Act).
• Baseline Biological Resource Assessment
• Vegetation Classification and Mapping
• Focused Biological & Species-specific surveys. Rare plants and animals
• Wetland Delineation - U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, California Coastal Commission, California Dept. of Fish and Game
• Environmental Permitting - Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act,Coastal Act, etc.
• Regulatory Agency Consultation - CDFG, RWQCB, California Coastal Commission, USFWS, U.S. Army Corps. of Engineers, NOAA Fisheries Service
• CEQA/NEPA Compliance Documentation
• Habitat Conservation Planning - Section 10 of the Federal Endangered Species Act
• Construction Monitoring and Compliance Reporting
• Project Planning Assistance - Due diligence investigations
• Geographic Information Systems - Development and analysis