Kevin Merk Associates, LLC (KMA) is a San Luis Obispo based environmental consulting firm providing a diverse range of high-quality environmental planning services for public and private sector clients.
KMA provides solution-oriented services to help our clients navigate complex natural resource, permitting and regulatory compliance support issues using a real-world, economically feasible and scientifically valid approach.
KMA has a wealth of experience working in the California Coastal Zone from San Francisco to Los Angeles, and regularly interfaces with the California Coastal Commission, providing technical expertise for development projects for both public and private sector clients. KMA also provides California Environmental Quality Act and National Environment Policy Act documentation and planning compliance services.
Kevin Merk Associates areas of expertise include the following:
- Biological Resources Investigations, including Rare, Threatened and Endangered Plant and Animal Surveys (i.e.: CRLF, CTS, Nesting Birds, San Joaquin kit fox, American badger, and Monarch butterfly);
- Vegetation Classification and Mapping;
- Wetland Delineations (both U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and California Coastal Commission);
- Regulatory Compliance Permitting (Clean Water Act Sections 404, 401, California Fish and Game Code 1602) and Mitigation Planning;
- Endangered Species Act Section 7 Consultations and Section 10 Habitat Conservation Planning;
- California Endangered Species Act Permitting and Natural Community Conservation Planning;
- Open Space Resource Management and Mitigation Plan Development and Implementation;
- Coastal Development and Grading Permit Acquisition Assistance; and
- Construction and Mitigation Monitoring and Compliance Reporting.